These can be presented as a 60min keynote, or as a half-day or full-day workshop.
We'll work with you to ensure that each presentation is tailored to the specific needs of your audience.
Below is a little food for thought as to what Dan can present on:
The body of literature around engagement continues to grow, yet research suggests that work, community and school engagement continue to be of serious concern to leaders and educators alike. Dan's presentations explore questions like:
- What does authentic engagement look like and why do we so often mistake conformity for engagement?
- What can you do to encourage authentic engagement in your organisation?
- What are some of the barriers to authentic engagement and what can you do to remove them?
- What is the role of technology in engagement within and without your organisation?
Too many people believe they don’t need to learn, or that they can’t learn. Professor Carol Dweck contends that this is due to individuals developing a Fixed Mindset with regard to their capabilities. Dweck argues that learning is stunted and many social issues can arise by having a Fixed Mindset. She says in order to us to flourish, we need a Growth Mindset – a disposition that embraces challenge, seeks out feedback and values effort as the pathway to mastery. Dan's presentations tackle issues like:
- Could a Growth Mindset be the key to unlocking our potential?
- What are some of the self-sabotaging behaviours that come about as a result of a Fixed Mindset?
- What are some of the cultural forces within our organisations and communities that can impact mindset?
- How can you develop a Growth Mindset?
The World Health Organisation predicts that by 2030, the leading cause of illness in the world will be depression. Dan's presentations explore issues around wellbeing, resilience and Positive Psychology - the science of human flourishing. He explores questions like:
- What steps can we take today to enhance our personal wellbeing?
- What steps can we take today to enhance our organisational wellbeing?
- I'm doing alright, why should we care about wellbeing?
- Is balance even possible in today's busy world?
Dan's presentations explore how leaders can affect change in their organisations or communities with regard to engagement, wellbeing and mindset. Dan's presentations encourage leaders to reflect on the following:
- How do we identify areas to improve without de-motivating our team?
- How can we get buy in?
- How do we frame failure or setbacks in our context?
- How do we 'get stuff done?'
To have a chat about any of these themes and what requirements you have please get in touch with Samira at Haesler HQ.